The GYG Structures and Procedures Working Group (SPWG) is looking for new members!
Are you a policy geek? Do you enjoy solving structural challenges? The SPWG is the place for you!
Apply now to work with young greens from around the world and to help make GYG’s structures more comprehensible and sustainable!
About the SPWG
The activity of the SPWG is focused on examination and reformation of the GYG Organisational Principles to make them better fit for purpose.
You can read the last report of the GYG SPWG here to find out more about their previous work.
In the coming two years, the key task of the SPWG is to redraft significant sections of the GYG Organisational Principles to make them better suited to GYG’s current needs. At the moment, some parts of the Organisational Principles are incomplete, inconsistent and difficult to oversee, which sometimes results in the Oversight Committee having to explain and interpret unclear points.
The next GYG congress will take place in Seoul 2022, and the SPWG will play an important role in proposing clear and well written amendments to the GYG Organisational Principles to submit to congress. Also, the SPWG is very likely going to have the task to review and order amendments submitted by delegates.
How do I apply?
You can apply by writing a paragraph of no more than 300 words detailing your experience and motivations for joining and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 UTC on Sunday 23rd August.
- Global Young Greens is a volunteer led organisation and this is a voluntary role.
- Due to the nature of the tasks involved, we recommend that you have a good level of English language skills for this working group.
- There are no formal expectations of you, only that you contribute what you can and enjoy the experience of working with other young green activists from different parts of the world!
- All participation will take place online.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions! email@example.com