GYG seeks to engage a passionate, dedicated and motivated person as its web-editor on a voluntary basis. The prospective person should have experience in publishing, editing and areas of authorship and be able to work well in wordpress and other e-tools and engines. He/she should have advanced authorial and language skills.
This is a non-remunerated position. GYG however will offer the opportunity to serve in a global network with a lot of online traffic and duties thereby reinforcing the web-editor’s prospects of gaining valuable job experience. GYG will also offer recommendations on request and create a space for team work and growth. The web-editor will join a motivated and dynamic team reaching out to four corners of the globe: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Americas and Europe!
The web-editor may resign at any time provided he/she provide a month’s courtesy notice to the Steering Committee.
Send your application (Resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “APPLICATION FOR WEB-EDITOR” on or before 26th October, 2013.
Successful applicants will be notified through email and introduced to the network upon acceptance of offer.
The Web-editor shall take direction from the GYG Steering Committee (SC)
- To edit and upload content and maintain a clear and accessible web-layout
- Consistently check emails and notify the SC on important web-based events.
- To work closely with the web-master on these tasks
- Motivated and willing to dedicate time to GYG to work closely with the Steering Committee (SC), preferably 5 hours a week.
- Frequently working online and therefore able to act fast when the need arises
- Has experience with maintaining content management system (CMS) such as WordPress and Joomla
- Familiar with HTML, PHP and FTP
Fluent in English, both oral and written
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Your GYG Steering Committee