GYG seeks to engage two passionate, dedicated and motivated persons as its webmaster (technocrat) and web-editor (editorial) on a voluntary basis. The prospective persons should have experience in web administration and be able to work well in wordpress and other e-tools and engines.
These are non-remunerated positions, however GYG will offer the opportunity to serve in a global network with a lot of online traffic and duties thereby reinforcing the web-master’s or editor’s prospects of gaining valuable job experience. GYG will also offer recommendations on request. Besides, you get to be part of a motivated and dynamic team reaching out to four corners of the globe: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Americas and Europe! The web-editor or webmaster may resign at any time provided they provide a month’s courtesy notice to the Steering Committee.
Consider the pointers below and send your applications (Resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “APPLICATION FOR WEBMASTER/WEB-EDITOR” (depending on whether you are applying for the post of webmaster or web-editor) on or before 9th July, 2013. Successful applicants will be notified through email and introduced to the network upon acceptance of offer.
Points to Note
Both professionals take direction from the GYG Steering Committee (SC)
- To identify and communicate possible enhancement in terms of website design, content and technology
- To make sure the website is properly maintained in accordance with established schedules
- To upload content and maintain a clear and accessible web-layout and consistently check emails and notify the SC on important web-based events.
- Motivated and willing to dedicate time to GYG to work closely with the Steering Committee (SC), preferably 5 hours a week.
- Frequently working online and therefore able to act fast when technical hitches occur
- Has experience with maintaining content management system (CMS) such as WordPress and Joomla
- Familiar with HTML, PHP and FTP
Fluent in English, both oral and written (with more emphasis on the web-editor)
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Your GYG Steering Committee