Join our Working Group Preparing the 2023 GYG Congress in South Korea!
The Global Young Greens is an emerging youth-led organisation supporting and uniting the efforts of young people from a green-alternative spectrum around the world. It works towards ecological sustainability, social justice, gender quality, LGBTQIA+ rights, grassroots democracy and peace.
We are planning our 6th congress in Incheon, South Korea from 8th to 11th June 2023. This congress will take place simultaneously with the congress of the Global Greens. The planning will be cooperative with the Global Greens. We want to enhance and empower the network between Young Green activists and organisations around the world, strengthen our structures and work on the future development of the Global young Greens. The congress will also offer space to exchange green skills, experiences, tips and tricks.
Additionally, the congress will cover the statutory tasks including the election of a new Steering Committee and updating the statutory documents.
To be able to execute this big and important event, we are looking for volunteers supporting the planning, the communications and the organisation of the 6th Global Young Greens Congress. Therefore, we will launch a dedicated Congress Woking Group.
We are looking for young greens who have/are:
- Willing to allocate sufficient time to projects and tasks of this working group (around 4 hours weekly and increasing towards the congress)
- Commitment to co-create an inclusive and respectful environment in WG
- Effective communication skills
- Interest in working closely with young green organisations across the globe.
- Great team players
- English skills which allows communication for logistical issues and coordination work
- Respect and appreciation for the cultural/gender/national diversity inside WG and willingness to work together on this basis
- Knowledge in event organising
- Ability to work under high pressure or deliver within deadlines
These skills are not required but would be an asset:
- Knowledge in organising international events
- Experience in the field of digital communication
- Graphic design skills
- Experience in the execution of statutory processes
- Experience with fundraising and crowdfunding
- Good skills in other languages on top of English
- Experience of working in a transnational or similar network
Global Young Greens is a volunteer led organisation and this is a voluntary role.Due to the nature of the tasks involved, the working language of this group is English
There are no formal expectations of you, only that you contribute what you can and enjoy the experience of working with other young green activists from various parts of the world.
Most of the participation will take place online but you would also be expected to be available to join us for the congress in Incheon, South Korea from 8th to 11th June 2023 and possibly a bit earlier for the final preparations.
Please note, people with disabilities, people of colour or from an ethnic minority and LGBTIQA+ people and people from the global south are particularly encouraged to apply.
The members of the working group will be selected by the GYG Steering Committee on the basis of regional and gender balance.