The following questions have been developed to guide you in your preparation to attend the Global Young Greens Congress.
Everyone who applied and was accepted to attend the 3rd Global Young Greens Congress (without financial support) was emailed this document; however to avoid confusion we have placed it on our website as well and attached it here for your reference – GYG – How to attend
How to attend the GYG Congress
If you can answer yes to each question of this guide then we look forward to seeing you in Dakar! Consider each question carefully, download the document GYG – How to attend, sign your name at the end, and return by Thursday 1st March to:email@example.com.
1. Can you commit to funding your own travel and participation fees?
Unfortunately the Global Young Greens cannot support your travel and participation expenses. Travel expenses will depend on where you are travelling from and you should consult a travel agent to obtain the most competitive price. Participation fee for the 3rd Global Young Greens Congress is 90 € for global north, 30€ for global south, per person.
2. Are you able to attend the Global Young Greens Congress between the 27-29 March?
We encourage all participants to arrive on the evening of the 26th March so that we can begin with formal sessions on the morning of the 27th
3. Have you considered attending the Global Greens Congress, also in Dakar, immediately after the Global Young Greens Congress from 29 March to 1 April (see www.dakar2012.org and register on the right hand side)?
The Global Greens Congress is where all the Green political parties of the world will come together to set the agenda for global Green political action in the coming decade. Many young greens will be attending and we hope you can too!
The registration fee for low income participants is 185 euros which covers a welcome dinner on Thursday, lunch, morning and afternoon tea on Friday-Sunday, interpretation headsets and local transport between accommodation and the venue.
4. If necessary, have you organised a visa?
The deadline to apply is March 1
If you need a visa to enter Senegal it is your responsibility to obtain it.
- If you live in a country where there is a Senegalese embassy you must apply to the embassy for your visa and fill out this form to obtain an invitation letter
- If you live in a country without a Senegalese embassy, please fill in this form to have your visa processed locally in Senegal.
Click here for more information about who needs a visa and where to obtain it.
5. Does your passport have at least 3-6 months left until the expiry date?
This question is only relevant if you require a passport to travel to Dakar. It may be possible to enter Senegal with a passport with only 3 months but 6 months is preferable to avoid any issues.
6. Have you sought medical advice and had the recommended vaccinations?
It is always important to visit a doctor for health advice before travelling. They will advise you which vaccinations may be needed.
The government of Senegal states: A vaccine against yellow fever is required. An international vaccine book with the anti-amaril vaccine (yellow fever) is recommended (to present at the airport at the arrival date). Vaccines against Hepatitis A and B are strongly advised, as well as an anti-malaria treatment
7. Have you considered travel insurance?
It is important to seek advice regarding travel insurance. For your trip to Senegal we recommend you talk with an insurance provider about obtaining insurance that at least includes medical cover and trip cancellation cover. Seek advice relating to insurance cover that will ensure that you are not out of pocket if you are unable to attend the congress for any reason.
If you can answer yes to each question of this guide then we look forward to seeing you in Dakar! Consider each question carefully, download the document GYG – How to attend, sign your name at the end, and return by Thursday 1th March to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need any further assistance please contact us with your questions and we hope to see you in Dakar!