Travel grants for young delegates from all over the world to attend the Global Young Greens and Global Greens Congresses in Senegal in 2012!
The Heinrich Boell Foundation is offering travel grants for young delegates from Africa, Latin and North America, Middle East, Asia and Europe, to attend the Global Young Greens and the Global Greens Congresses in Dakar, Senegal, western Africa from 27th March to 1st April 2012.
The travel grants are offered to approximately 10 youth from the following countries:
Africa: South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan;
Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Chile, Argentina;
North America: USA, Canada;
Middle East: Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt;
Asia: Afghanistan, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Pakistan, India, China;
Europe: Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Croatia, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Belgium.
Each travel grant will fully cover travel costs. The accommodation and food will be provided in exchange of the participation fee (25€ for Global South and 100€ for Global North). You will have to organize your travel insurance on your own. The grant will only cover costs for the duration of the Congresses.
Each successful grant applicant will be:
• from an above mentined country;
• an active member of a Green party or organisation; and
• someone who is interested in global green issues.
Successful applicants will be required to:
• actively participate to the programme and workshops;
• provide input of the situation in their own country and the views of the organisation they represent;
• report back to their Green party or organisation on the proceedings of the Congress.