Role: Chair of Global Young Greens (GYG) Oversight Committee
Hours: Between 2 – 15 hours per week (these hours fluctuate in relation to task load)
Skills and Experience (essential)
Skills and Experience (desirable)
- Coordination and chairing skills;
- Strong organisational, communication and mediation skills;
- Experience dealing with complaints/carrying out investigations in relation to complaints;
- Ability to be objective and make effective and well-informed decisions;
- Experience working on a Young Green board/Executive Committee;
- Good knowledge of the Organisational Principles of GYG;
- Experience working within a GYG Regional Federation/transnational organisation;
- Reliable and hardworking;
- Experience working interculturally and in international teams;
- Good English language skills (speaking, reading, writing);
- Maximum age: 35 years.
- Attendance to previous GYG Congress;
- Ex-member of GYG Steering Committee or Congress Prep team;
- Other language skills (particularly French and Spanish).
- Chair a committee of 4 members;
- Organise, set agendas and Chair regular meetings (online);
- Work closely with and be the main point of contact to the GYG Steering Committee. Ensure the Steering Committee is working in accordance with GYG Organisational Principles;
- Lead investigations into complaints, providing mediation where needed;
- Organise and manage elections, co-options;
- Regularly report to the Steering Committee regarding committee business;
- Other associated tasks.
How to Apply
Send the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter of motivation explaining your motivations for applying, how you meet the skills and experience required, what you will bring to the GYG Oversight Committee;
- A copy of your CV;
- A nomination letter from your member organisation. Should your organisation need guidance with this, please consult this template.
Deadline: 9 May 2021, 23:59 UTC
Candidates will be selected via co-option carried out by the GYG Oversight Committee and GYG Steering Committee. Co-options will take place in accordance with gender balancing rules.