Role: Member of Global Young Greens (GYG) Oversight Committee
Hours: Between 0 – 10 hours per week; large fluctuations in the amount of time required
Salary: Voluntary work
Skills and Experience (essential)
Skills and Experience (desirable)
- Ability to be objective and make effective and well-informed decisions;
- Experience working on a Young Green board/Executive Committee;
- Knowledge of the Organisational Principles of GYG;
- Experience working within a GYG Regional Federation/transnational organisation;
- English language skills;
- Maximum age: 35 years.
- Attendance to previous GYG Congress;
- Ex-member of GYG Steering Committee or Congress Prep team;
- Member of a member organisation of GYG.
Events Sub-Committee responsibilities:
- Attend fortnightly meetings (online);
- Oversee the work of the GYG Steering Committee and ensure they are working in accordance with GYG Organisational Principles;
- Organise and manage elections, co-options, and investigate and respond to complaints;
- Regularly report to the Steering Committee regarding committee business.
How to Apply
Send the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter of motivation explaining your motivations for applying and what you will bring to the GYG Oversight Committee;
- A copy of your CV;
- A nomination letter from your member organisation. Should your organisation need guidance with this, please consult this template.
Deadline: 14 March 2021, 23:59 UTC
Candidates will be selected via co-option carried out by the GYG Oversight Committee and GYG Steering Committee. Co-options will take place in accordance with gender balancing rules.