We are pleased to announce that the following candidates have been elected in the GYG elections:
Eva Pfannerstill (to fill the position of Regional Coordinator for Europe)
Lionel Gwanzura (to fill the position of Regional Coordinator for Africa)
Please see a detailed breakdown of the vote distribution here:
The deadline for the below call outs has now passed and the call out is closed.
There are two new openings on the Global Young Greens Steering Committee:
- Regional Coordinator for Africa
- Regional Coordinator for Europe.
Please note: These roles are both voluntary and applicants are expected to be able to dedicate up to 10 hours of their time a week.
- are the point of contact for Member Organisations in their respective regions;
- are responsible for communication between their respective federations and the GYG Steering Committee;
- maintain and update contact databases for their regions;
- collect news from Member Organisations to publish in the GYG newsletter;
- attend GYG Steering Committee meetings on a bi-weekly basis and contribute to other general GYG tasks.
These positions have opened because former Steering Committee representatives have left the committee.
About the Global Young Greens
The Global Young Greens is an emerging youth-led organisation supporting and uniting the efforts of young people from a green-alternative spectrum around the world. We work towards ecological sustainability, social justice, grassroots democracy and peace.
Our objectives are:
- to empower young people within the framework of participatory democracy;
- to create a space for young people to be active;
- to forge strong links between young green organisations and individuals;
- to further the Green principles on planet Earth.
Our activities include finding opportunities for young people to get involved in our work, linking individuals and organizations with each other for various purposes as well as carrying on campaigns as GYG.
What is the GYG Steering Committee?
The Steering Committee is the second highest decision-making body of the Global Young Greens, which is why it is important to have both experienced and active people involved. Its primary responsibility is to implement decisions of the Congress (highest decision making body) and to steer the network on behalf of its members. The Steering Committee is regionally and gender balanced, and consists of at least 50% women per region.
How to apply?
This call out is now CLOSED.
Your candidate statement should talk about your experience as well as your motivations for applying. It should also include a description of how you want to participate in developing GYG.
We will publish candidate statements online, prior to elections, which will be held online.
Following our recently amended Organisational Principles (GYG Congress March 2017), each Member Organisation from Europe/Africa will have one vote for a candidate representing their region. Online voting instructions will be released prior to the vote.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.