Financial support for delegates
Applications for Funding
Global Young Greens aims to support the attendance of Young Green delegates at Greens2017 to ensure a diverse, representative mix of young people. To that end, we are inviting delegates to apply for financial support.
The application form can be found at the link below. Please ensure you submit your application before 23:59 GMT on Sunday 27 November.
If your organisation has not yet registered delegates to attend the Global Young Greens congress, this can be done using this form.
We also strongly encourage Young Greens to seek funding directly – to help you do this, the prep-team has produced this fundraising guide of useful advice and potential sponsors. Download the guide here.
Support the international Young Green movement
If your organisation would consider financially supporting Young Greens from elsewhere in the world, we’d love to hear from you. Please email Zuzana at email@example.com to discuss this, or donate directly here.
How GYG Funding Will Work
The funding will cover the travel costs, tickets, and visas of of the delegate. These costs will be reimbursed after the event, and are conditional on attendance and participation at the 2017 Global Young Greens congress.
If more individuals apply for funding than we are able to support, we will prioritise using the criteria found below
- GYG will fund no more than one delegate per organisation
- GYG will only fund delegates aged under 35 on Sunday 2 April 2017
- GYG will fund delegates only from organisations which are members of, or youth wings of members of, relevant regional and international federations
- In order to be eligible for financial support, the delegate’s status as representing their organisation must be confirmed in writing to GYG by either or both of the relevant Green Party and Young Greens group
- At least 50% of delegates funded will be non-male
- If insufficient funds are available to support delegates from all eligible organisations which apply, this prioritisation will take place (in the following order)
- GYG will prioritise organisations which are not known to have delegates in attending Greens2017 already
- GYG will then prioritise delegates who would not be able to fund themselves
- GYG will then prioritise delegates whose organisations will either be able to contribute to the congress or benefit their organisation by their attendance, and whose aims and ethos is aligned with that of GYG
- GYG will then prioritise delegates from non-European organisations
- GYG will then prioritise delegates from less-economically developed countries